Slow Jams Blueberry Lavender Oatmeal Bars
Every month Lori from Foxes Love Lemons creates a unique and tasty recipe from the contents in our crates. Check our her site, follow her on social media and try not to get too hungry reading this recipe!
Hi, Mitten Crate fans! I’m Lori, and I’m the author of the food blog Foxes Love Lemons. I live in Ferndale, and went to culinary school at Schoolcraft College. Shortly after I graduated, I started blogging to share simple yet special recipes that encourage people to enjoy the act of cooking at home.
My husband is kind of a jam fanatic, so it’s rare to have an untouched jar of jam in my house that I can use for baking. When I saw the Slow Jams Blueberry Lavender Jam in the December Mitten Crate, I made sure to hide it away so that I could make a batch of these Blueberry-Pecan Oatmeal Bars. Eat them for breakfast, take them to a bake sale, or just curl up under a blanket with them.
Blueberry-Pecan Oatmeal Bars
Yield: 20 bars
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 32 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) jar Slow Jams Blueberry Lavendar Jam
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries or currants
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-3/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom and sides of 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper; lightly spray parchment with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, stir together jam and dried blueberries.
- In large bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt until well combined. Stir in oats and pecans. Add butter, egg and vanilla; stir until well combined.
- Press half of oat mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Evenly spread jam mixture over oats. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over jam; lightly press to flatten and cover jam. Transfer to oven and bake 32 to 34 minutes or until light golden brown. Transfer to cooling rack and cool 1 hour before cutting and serving.
Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis.
Please visit Lori’s site Foxes Love Lemons for more great ideas!