Three Bean Salad with Yogurt-Buttermilk Dressing | Michian Made Recipes
Hi, Mitten Crate fans! I’m Lori, and I’m the author of the food blog Foxes Love Lemons. I live in Ferndale, and went to culinary school at Schoolcraft College. Shortly after I graduated, I started blogging to share simple yet special recipes that encourage people to enjoy the act of cooking at home.
Even though it’s September, I have a feeling we still have a few more warm days in store for us, so I’m not ready to give up on cold summer salads just yet. This protein-packed three bean salad features kidney beans, chickpeas and Safie Specialty Foods Dill Pickle Beans from the August edition of Mitten Crate. The bean combo is tossed with tomatoes, onions and a dressing made with Greek yogurt, buttermilk, herbs and spices.
Please enjoy, and be sure to check out my blog, as well as follow me on Facebook, Twitter and
Instagram for new recipes!
Three Bean Salad with Yogurt-Buttermilk Dressing
Prep Time: 15 minutes
For the Yogurt Buttermilk Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
For the Three Bean Salad:
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pickled green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
1. Make the Yogurt-Buttermilk Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, buttermilk, parsley, dill, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
2. Make the Three Bean Salad: In large bowl, toss chickpeas, kidney beans, tomatoes, pickled green beans, onion and Yogurt-Buttermilk Dressing until well combined. For best flavor, refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days before serving.
Please visit Lori’s site Foxes Love Lemons for more great ideas!